Thursday, February 9, 2012

METAMORPHOSIS

As the mail arrived this morning I was looking through photographs contrasting the Downton Abbey actors in character, and in 'real life'. The transformation of some of the actors is remarkable.

Unlike piles of bills, more bills and solicitations.

This morning, however, mail carrier delivered hope and joy in a single catalog: "BURPEE 2012."

Grabbing coat, coffee, camera and catalog, I headed outdoors with Pup to survey our gray gardens in slumber.

A few of my dearest friends are avid gardeners. I marvel at their knowledge and expertise. But I completely comprehend their awe of dirt and seeds, seedlings and sunshine - wonders- that with a few nips and tucks transform into colors so bold and vibrant they take one's breath away.

In the dead of winter, take a moment to marvel at the metamorphosis to summer.

Hope.

Joy.  




 

 










No comments:

Post a Comment