Wednesday, February 8, 2012

CATCH


Gisele Bundchen, supermodel wife of Tom Brady, is taking some heat for calling out Tommy’s teammates in their Super Bowl loss.
   
“My husband cannot (bleeeeep) throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time,” she retorted to a Giant’s fan who ribbed her about Brady's performance. “I can’t believe they dropped the ball so many times.”

Judgment was swift.
 
But it wasn’t all negative.

Dudes were not happy with Tommy’s snappy spouse. New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs commented, “She just needs to continue to be cute and shut up.”

But lots of ladies were impressed with this gorgeous woman - who is soon to be the world’s first billionaire supermodel. She had her guy’s back. In Giselle’s smouldering eyes, Tommy's performance was perfect.

Wives took notice. In supermarkets, post offices, athletic clubs and coffee shops across the globe; missuses defended their misters in record numbers.

Overheard (verbatim):


"My husband cannot eat cereal and place the bowl in the sink at the same time. I can't believe serving ware cannot clear itself from the table."
  
"My husband cannot exercise and smell like Old Spice Guy at the same time. I can’t believe commercials say he’s the man my man can smell like."
 
"My husband cannot drink a beer and recycle the bottle at the same time. I can’t believe Waste Management refuses to collect empty bottles from our rugs and counters."

"My husband cannot use tools and put them back where they belong at the same time. I can’t believe Siri was invented for a phone and not a toolbox."

"My husband cannot watch a game on his big screen TV and listen to me at the same time. I can’t believe TVs allows life-size athletes into our living room."
 
"My husband cannot be mesmerized by a piece of technology and be aware of anything else around him. I can’t believe that technology is engineered to be more interesting than I am."

"My husband cannot play golf and mow the lawn at the same time. I can’t believe that weekends only have two days."

"My husband cannot check out that girl who is half his age and pretend he is not checking her out at the same time. I can’t believe God makes attractive girls who are half my husband’s age."

Tom Brady’s Super Bowl may have been a bust.

But his bride’s defense was brilliant.

Can’t help but wonder if Giselle is as good at offense (....playing, not giving.)

Surely she could have one of her favorite designers create haute couture jerseys, pants and cleats.

In Super Bowl XLVII, she can don those duds and play wide receiver for Tommy.


QUING Hereby Decrees:  In victory and loss, Graciousness scores the most points. 

No comments:

Post a Comment