Friday, December 23, 2011

QUING Parties at the Palace with POMMY'S


I will admit to having purchased a few punch bowls in my day.  In fact, when my kids were little, I purchased a new punch bowl every time one of them, a cousin or a friend cracked the ladle into the bowl while pouring punch and capowie!- no more punch bowl.
 
Ultimately Husband caught on.  "Do we really need another punch bowl?" he asked years ago as I tried to sneak from car to basement while hiding a rather large bag that was shifting behind my back like a pendulum. 

"Of course we do," I countered.  "Punch is festive.  It makes a celebration a celebration!"

My four children were on hand for that exchange. They still shout out that quote whenever we have a party and I pull out the punch bowl.

Next week, I'll serve drinks in red martini glasses. I'll fill them with POMMY'S. They are easy to make and sweet to sip. Festive. Like punch!  ENJOY!


POMMY'S  PUNCH

(fills Six Martini Glasses)

24 ounces Pomegranate Juice
8 ounces Vodka
2 heaping ice cream scoops of Rainbow Sherbet
1TBL Lime Juice
Lime Slices for Garnish


Mix juices, vodka and sherbet in a blender.  Serve over ice and garnish with a slice of lime. 
For a festive red cocktail, that guys will like, too, try plain old Pommy- on the rocks, or blended with crushed ice.     

POMMY'S 
(Makes one drink)

3 ounces Pomegranate Juice 
2 ounces Vodka 
4 ounces (Diet) Sprite or 7-Up
Splash of Lime Juice



1 comment: