Friday, March 23, 2012

HUNDRED


Spring in Central Park
100 days.

100 posts.

If I was in elementary school, I’d celebrate by collecting 100 shells or buttons or jelly beans.

But as I write Blog Post #100, I celebrate Y-O-U.

I’m toasting you, as we speak.  

With one hundred sips of Chianti.

In early November, three of you shared a Quing post with a friend, and dozens began reading. 

A hundred bits of commentary, silliness, and sentiment have had thousands of views over the course of four months.

So thank you for clicking on Quing!

Even though I post at 3 AM.  Or 4 PM.  Or ?

Even though there are nine zillion bits of information, gossip and merriment vying for your attention.

Some of you have asked questions, made comments, or offered suggestions these past few months. I LOVE when you take the time to do that!

Below, a few favorites to share with you.

QUESTIONS.

Q: “Why do you stay up so late?” No noise. No chauffeuring. No distractions.  Peace – unless the topic I write about is annoying.

Q: “Do you still like your husband?  Does your husband read what you write?” 99.36247% of the time.  And only if I insist.

Q: “Are you a control freak?” Not the tiniest bit.

Q: “How can you write so much every day? How long does it take to write a blog post?” I view it like training for a marathon, but instead I’m gearing up to write a new novel.  Posts can take an hour to write, or a day, depending how much or little I know about the subject.    

Q: “Do you ever lose it in front of your kids?” NEVER. Unless I am watching hockey or football. And the officiating stinks. Wait, is there officiating in hockey?  Do guys really get paid for that?

Q:  “Are you really a Swamp Mom? No overprotecting or micro-managing?” Overprotective? 
Only with my firstborn. (Thirdborn will laugh when he reads this. He just saw a commercial for a new TV show where a child is abducted and the mom violently hunts down the kidnappers- “That would be you, Mom,” he said.  He’s right.)

Q: “Most of the time you’re exaggerating, right?”  Unless I’m being serious.

Q: “In politics do you lean left or right?” Yes.  Toward Reasonable, Rational and Willing to 
Compromise.  

Q:  “Pet peeves?” When pet pees. Or worse. In the house. While a child is sitting across the room from him.

Q: “Do you ever wish you had a blog post back?” I wrote yesterday’s post in the wee hours of the morning, published it, and then stewed about the ending till dawn. I rewrote the last few lines the moment kids left for school –after 70 plus readers had already viewed them.  Sigh. Writers need editors. They keep us honest, and make our work so much better.

Q: “Do you get paid to write Quing?” Only if readers click on the ads that run alongside each post.  Many thanks for reading and clicking! 

SUGGESTIONS.

A ‘Favorites’ page for new readers to check out old posts. Love it! Will make that happen asap.

Lots of readers have asked if I can reproduce Quotable Quingisms on ‘stuff’.  Will look into that. So happy you asked!

Recipe lovers want recipes organized by categories. Should have thought of that! Will do.

Many suggest that I post at the same time every day. Like early morning.  I will TRY!

COMMENTS.

Your thoughts are insightful, funny, interesting, and much appreciated!  If you’d like to write your own Quing post and Decree, let me know.  I’d LOVE to include weekly commentary from other writers, aka Quing-for-a-Day!

Beginning next week, as I jump from research to novel writing, I plan to publish Quing posts three times a week, rather than five. 

I so hope you’ll keep reading, and sharing Quing with friends, family and colleagues who might enjoy it, too.

The more the merrier as we Party at the Palace! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment